Friday, February 7, 2014

Z U.S. Economy


Is it me, or does it seem like Generation Z is unconcerned and even has a lack of coherency about America’s financial future? I have the privilege to hang with this Generation during my Air Force work and I can tell you that all they seem to talk about is, video games/technology, drinking and the next movie they want to see.  I’ve yet to have conversation or hear any concern about the dire fiscal state of our Country.

News alert! Our National debt is north of 17 trillion dollars! Yikes!  If you’ve never seen this clock, you have to check it out. It's quite unique:  Debt Clock

I was listening to Dr. Benjamin Carson's speech in 2013 when the deficit was approximately 16 trillion, and he figured, and I quote “if you count 1 number per second, which you can’t do because when you get to 1,000 it takes longer than a second, but let’s say you can, how long would it take to count to 16 trillion?  Five hundred and seven thousand years!"

Well at least the BBC is writing about it and there seems to be a glimmer of hope!  Hey Generation Z, take a few minutes away from your Facebook, Twitter, snapchat, texting, etc. and begin to understand what is going on in our economy.  Check out this article.  

No comments: